Saturday, August 29, 2009

Final Aeolian Shawl







Blocking is completed and I’m thrilled with the outcome. All along the knitting, I have been concerned about the color being too bright. The blocking has “paled the color” since it stretched all the stitches. I Love This. I haven’t been able to get a decent photo of the beading and the subtle “frosting” effect it has on the knitted garmet, but is really pretty.

Thrilled the yarn had enough yardage in one hank to finish. I had leftovers, even though I added a second point to the center of the shawl by mistake.

The construction of the shawl was a mystery to me at first, even after studying and sweating over the 8 pages of instructions, but it was very clever. The stitches begin at the top of the long (hypoteneuse) side of the triangle, and the increases in the center make the point happen at the other two sides.

Now, on to more mindless knitting for a day or two. Then, who knows? I might need to start a sweater or something!

No comments: